Download Flashnote and work with text easier
Work with text often?
Have a look at our Text Templates Tool
- Added: New feature - different interface settings (font and colors) for Note and Notes Tree.
- Added: Support for internal link to note - like Flashnote://NoteName or fn://NoteName. Select link text and press Alt+G or icon on the toolbar in order to swith to corresponding note.
- Added: Two new items in Tools menu for selected text - Make Lower and Make Upper.
- Improved: Now you can run multiple copies of Flashnote if they use different database.
- Added: Norwegian localization interface language, thanks to freewaretips.zxq.net
- Added: Farsi localization interface language, thanks to Ш№Щ„ЫЊ Ш±ШіШЄЩ…ЫЊ
- Added: Belarusian localization interface language, thanks to Maks Niki
- Added: Spanish localization interface language, thanks to Brad Blanchard
- Added: Search selected text on the internet or open selected link in
browser - select text, than use Alt+G or icon in the toolbar.
- Added: Open selected link in the browser - select needed link in the
note text, then use Ctrl+left mouse click.
- Impoved: Global search now looks through both content and name of notes.
- Added: Dutch localization interface language, thanks to Dingoe
- Linux version is available.
- Added: Fast switching between databases in main menu.
- Added: Support customization of the Insert menu.
- Added: Statistic for selected text (length, line) Tools -> Lenght of selected text or Ctrl+F8.
- Added: Turkish localization interface language, thanks to Ali K
- Added: Match Case option for Global Search.
- Added: Filter Tree option for Global Search.
- Added: Clear filter hotkey (CTRL+F9) and search next(F3).
- Added: German localization interface language, thanks to Nico Traber
- Added: Danish localization interface language, thanks to Regmos
- Added: Global Search (Ctrl+G).
- Added: Handy interface to restoring backups - File -> Database -> Backup -> Restore.
- Improved: Optionally turn off confirmation for new note, exit and messages after push and pop. See the Options -> Advanced.
- Added: Support of synchronization for notes between PC's via Dropbox, shared network folder etc.
- Fixed: Added automatic backup feature
- Fixed: Fixed bug on multi-monitor configurations
- Fixed: Problem with non-latin characters in program path
- Added: Chines localization interface language, thanks to Hackson Wang
- Added: Polish interface language, thanks to Jacek Zebrowski
- Added: French interface language, thanks to Marc Boyer
- Added: Arabic interface language, thanks to Mohammed Al-Foulad
- Added: Russian interface language, thanks to Victoria Tiushkova
- Added: Czech interface language, thanks to Pavel Zahradnik
- Added: Japanese interface language, thanks to Tilt
- Fixed: Error in localization mechanism
- Added: Application Filter tab in the Options - list of programs where Flashnote shouldn't pop up on the hot key pressing
- Added: Localization support. New interface languages will be added soon
- Added: Support for Windows key in a global hot key combination
- Fixed: Error while parsing the Insert menu
- Added: Sort notes feature
- Added: Option to reload note from the database to cancel all changes that were made since the latest saving
- Added: Program starts in portable mode if the file name is flashnote-portable.exe
- Optimized: Deleting of notes
- Added: Advanced options page with the following options
- Disable filling new note with current clipboard contents
- Use Tab key in Text Editor
- Hide the Search dialog after the first match is found
- Added: Feature to export all notes to a single txt file
- Fixed : Error during Windows 7 shutdown
- Added: "Add to top" option in the dialog for adding a new note
- Added: Context menu for notes tree
- Fixed: Flashnote was restored incorrectly after minimizing with window's minimize button
- Fixed: First copy of the program did not appear at the screen when you start the second one.
- Added: Now Flashnote activates the last used note at start up.
- Improved: Support for Run at Window startup option in portable mode.
- Fixed: a few minor bugs.
- Added: Support of Drag&Drop at notes tree.
- Improved: A lot of small changes.
- Fixed: all bugs :)
- Added: Support of portable mode (flashnote.exe -p or FlashnotePortable.bat . You should copy your database notes2.db to this folder first)
- Fixed: Errors in the 'Export Database' function
- Added: New button 'Add New Child Note' (Ctrl+Shfit+N)
- Added: New icons for toolbar and main menu
- Added: Minimize on run Option.
- Fixed: Error that appeared after data is loaded from file without further editing ("Load from File")
- Added: Always On Top Option.
- Fixed: Vexatious bug with data damage after "Save to File"
- Added: Possibility to specify path to database
- Added: Export whole database to txt files
- Fixed: Problem with Save to File function
- Improved: Now Flashnote has full blown unicode support. So, you can store there texts in different languages.
- Fixed: problem with not-latin characters.
- Note: From this version Flashnote does not work under Windows 98.
- Fixed: Database load process might fail on the localized editions of Windows
- Added: Ability organize a lot of notes using Notes Tree.
- Added: Navigation through Notes Tree using ALT+Arrow keys and ALT+PageUP\PageDown.
- Added: All the notes are now stored in the database rather than in the text file.
- Added: Autosave feature.
- Fixed: A lot of minor improvements.
- "Insert" menu is added - Now you can quickly insert date, time, line or any phrases.
- Find&Replace feature is added.
- "Bad" reaction on TAB key is fixed.
- Now you can print text just from Flashnote.
- Text is saved between sessions of work.
- Drag&Drop features is added.
- Now you can adjust the Font, Text Color and Background Color.
- Load from File and Save to File features are added.
Feel free to use the form below to send us your comments, suggestions, a broken link report, or whatever you choose. We review every message. Do not forget to include your email address if you want a personal reply. Please be specific and avoid extremely short messages.
Flashnote is free software
To support further development of Flashnote please consider making a donation