Switch easily between html-editor and browser
If you create sites using PHP, Python, Ruby or any other language for web development, each time you want to view the results of changes you have to do the following:
- Save the made changes by pressing Ctrl-S.
- Press Alt-Tab to switch to the browser window. You'll probably have to press Alt-Tab several times if you have many windows open. (And how often do you "miss" the window you need?).
- After you switch to the browser, press Ctrl-R or F5 or click the "Refresh" button on the toolbar.
All that wastes time and is plain inconvenient, particularly when you "miss" the window you need or forget to save changes before switching to the browser. Softvoile Rubilnik was developed specifically to let you avoid those difficulties.
It is easy to work with it:
- Run your favourite html-editor
- Run a browser
- Run Softvoile Rubilnik
- Select the first window (the editor) and the second window (the browser), select the "Send Ctrl-S to First Window and Ctrl-F5 to Second" checkbox if necessary
- Click "OK", Rubilnik will hide into the tray
- That's all. Now by pressing the hotkey (for example, F9), you quickly and easily switch between your favorite html-editor and browser. Besides changes are saved and the browser window is refreshed automatically.
How does it work?
- If the first window is active, a hotkey stroke sends CTRL-S to the first window, activates the second window and sends Ctrl-F5 to it (optionally).
- If the second window is active, a hotkey stroke activates the first window.
- If any other window is active, a hotkey stroke activates the first window.