1. ClipDiary shows 20 items in its window.
I feel that number should be configurable (in option) so that users can choose how many items one wants to see in the window. It will depend on how much screen space we can afford to devote to Clipdiary main window.
2. In the ClipDiary main window, entire keyboard keys with all the ctrl, shirft, alt, combinations are available, but none is being used except "Enter" and navigation keys.
And, instead of being able to use them, we have to scroll up and down to reach individual item and hit enter to get it pasted.
I feel that if each of those 20 entries in the main window have a single character (say 0-9, a-z depending on how many items are there in the current window), then we can just press that letter 0-9 a-z from wherever we are on the window and that particular entry gets pasted. So quick, so convenient.
3. currently we can select only 1 item and paste it in one go.
I feel it will be convenient if we could select by clicking at several entries in the main window and when we click paste, all those get pasted in one go.
As such we can still do it by going to them one by one and clicking on paste each time, but selecting several and hitting enter once to paste will be more convenient.
The point is, if we had somehow copied several similar entries, like email ids, or words, or phrases, then it will convenient if they can reach our editing software in one go (click on bottom most entry, click on top most entry, press enter, all get pasted. so cool), and once the reach our Word window, we can move them around to quickly arrange them in order to get what we want.
4. currently we can hit delete on any entry and it gets deleted from clipdiary database. Giving a button, and a right cilck menu to do the same will be helpful.
5. Just like multiple pasting, it will be convenient if we could delete multiple entries in one go by selecting them.
6. making the cilpdiary window more small will help it become less intrusive.
For that, those set of item range things <<, <, >, >> can be removed as this this is getting conrolled anyway from the pageup/ pagedown keys which are window standard and everybody intuitively uses them.
For that matter, Ctrl-Home to reach the first entry and Ctrl-End to reach the last entry can be added (currently Ctrl-Home is working like pageup and Ctrl-End like pagedown).
Instead of Paste, Copy, Cancel buttons which are quite big, a micro sized toolbar can be thought of. "Hide window after copying or pasting" can be replaced with a toggle button on the toolbar.
Thus, entire bottom panel can be removed to save screen space.
Thanks for your patience. I concede that it took me 10 minutes to jot down, but it will take you long time if you decide to implement any of these.
Thanks and Regards.