Just for completeness sake, after trying the procedure here on FlashNote (see about653.html
), I decided to put a similar step by step guide here.
1. Install clipdiary normally and run once;
2. Close by selecting File|Exit from menu (don't do escape or click window upper right x button, program will only minimize);
3. Find clipdiary install folder and copy it elsewhere (to USB drive, for example, if that's where you intend to run it);
4. Find clipdiary database and config files in %Documents and Settings%\%User%\Application Data\clipdiary folder (look for it or search for 'clipdiary.cfg' file if you can't find it) and copy all files to the folder created in step 3;
5. Edit 'clipdiary.cfg' with any text editor -- notepad will do fine -- and in the [Main] section, add 'DBPath' to the [Main] section and fill the name of your clipdiary database (usually 'diary.sql', so you get a line like 'DBPath=diary.sql' without quotes);
6. Still in the folder created in step 3, make a new text file, name it clipdiary.bat and paste the following code into it.
@echo Launching ClipDiary...
rem Make local environment for variables;
rem Set the User Profile location to the root of current drive;
rem Change the current directory to the location of the batch file;
rem Remember: Batch (.bat) file should reside in same folder as exe;
cd /d %~dp0
rem Run ClipDiary;
rem Exit local environment;
... And you're all set.
@Softvoile: like the other one, maybe you could make this thread a sticky...